Customer Service: 315.853.5052

Send an email to The Burns Agency



Email us

Connect: Facebook Twitter LinkedIn YouTube Refer A Friend




A note about our office...

The safety of our clients and staff is one of our top priorities, therefore our agents are working remotely. Please contact us by phone (315-853-5052) or email for all your insurance needs.  If you must make a physical payment at our office, please drop a check (no cash) in our lockbox, which we are monitoring daily, otherwise, see the PAY BILL section of this website. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.


COVID-19 / Coronavirus

We have compiled some links to information that may assist you. Please visit our Coronavirus Resources page to find information for individuals and businesses impacted.


Premium Assistance:

Many companies have either pledged funding to Coronavirus relief efforts; paid employees to personally pitch in on various volunteer efforts, such as making masks and delivering meals; and/or sought approval from NY State Department of Financial Services to provide refunds for a portion of your automobile insurance premiums, due to lower usage. Any such refunds will be applied to your account, and if you are paid in full, will typically be returned to you via your existing payment method - otherwise by check. You do not need to contact the company to initiate the refund.

All companies have waived late fees and granted billing extensions until at least late May, to any clients, with certain types of policies, who have been financially impacted by COVID-19.  To take advantage of an extended payment plan of up to 12 months, clients must submit a statement that they swear or affirm in writing, under penalty of perjury, that they are experiencing financial hardship as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information, check the NYS Dept of Financial Services web site at

If this applies to you, complete this electronic-signature form to request an extended payment plan. This option will expire on 6/6/2020 6/28/2020 7/6/2020, (extended) 7/26/2020.

Most companies are transitioning back to standard billing between 5/18/2020 and 7/26/2020, but may be able to assist in extreme circumstances. Please call your company (see our PAY BILL page) to work with them on a possible payment plan extension agreement.



Protect your Stuff!

We are here to work with you, to help you create an insurance program that will protect you, your family, your business, and your assets in the way that you wish to be protected.

You can obtain quotes and other service online, but you can also call us and almost always get a live, knowledgeable person on the phone within a couple rings. Just call 315 853 5052.

Our Promise to You:

View Our Pledge »

Trusted Choice Agent


Customer Testimonial:

“Professional, friendly and competent. Surprised at how quickly it was resolved. We’ve had Travelers insurance for many years without a claim—process was made easy for me. Pleasantly surprised, sometimes insurance companies get a bad rap!”

Linda K.

[Thank you, Linda, for the kind words!]


Customer Testimonal:

"Julie, at The Burns Agency, was fantastic. She returned my call after office hours when a tree fell on my house at 6 p.m. As a first time homeowner it's nice having an insurance team working for you, not against you."

Jamilyn B. & Jonathan D.

[Thank YOU, Jamilyn and Jonathan, for the positive words!]

Read more testimonials.


Can't see the image above? Click here to take a New York Defensive Driving class. Save $5 off using code: YOX-5

Save Money Piggy Bank

Save Money!

Don't overpay for your insurance! We'll work closely with you to ensure you are getting the coverage you want at the best price.
More »

Learning about Insurance

Learning Center

Insurance Tips, Glossary of Terms, News, and Helpful Links.
More »


Learning about Insurance

Going to Canada?

Ask us for a Canadian ID card. "A U.S. traveler in Canada is required to carry a motor vehicle liability card, plus vehicle ownership papers. A copy of the automobile policy is recommended to be carried. And a Canadian Non-Resident Inter-provincial Motor Vehicle Liability Card is strongly recommended. U.S. travelers who do not carry a Canadian Non-Resident Inter-provincial Motor Vehicle Liability Card and are stopped by Canadian police or are in an accident while driving in Canada risk being fined or having their vehicle impounded until proof of proper coverage is obtained."


Our main number is no longer
our text number.

Call us for the new text number.